Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Winter Hardships

January and February were difficult in the Johnston home.  We kept getting and giving each other the Bronchitis bug of the winter months!  Poor Mason was hospitalized for a week when he was 2 months old...he got bronchilitis and could not breathe :(  Patrick had it too and so did I, but poor little baby could not breathe because of it so he had to have his lungs suctioned and be on a breathing machine, then on high flow oxygen, then down to normal oxygen, then ween off all that so we could go home.  I stayed with him the whole time so it was once again hard on Patrick too, once we come home with a new baby and he is almost getting used to the new routine we leave again!  I can only imagine what he thought about it all.  I was of course uncomfortable but mostly worried about and just wanting to take it all away from poor little precious Mason.  Since I couldn't take it away I was just there by his side to comfort when I could.  I am so thankful for Health and when you don't have it is when you are most aware to be thankful for it. 

The Ronald Mcdonald house across the street is the only place I did go once Mason was feeling better while the nurses watched him I took Patrick across the street to play on some toys and we ate a free lunch, that was sure a blessing! 

No comments: